Representative Matters | Specialty Areas
Corporate & Intellectual Property
- M&A: Represented US private equity fund in sale of semiconductor equipment manufacturing company to NYSE-listed foreign buyer.
- Formations: Represented analytics software startup in formation, sale and issuance of founder shares, sale of bridge notes and software license.
- Private Offering: Represented artisanal brewery in private stock offering.
- Minority Interest Buy-Out: Represented organic, sustainable meat and specialty foods company in buy-out of co-founding shareholder.
- Venture Debt: Represented venture debt fund in secured debt to technology company.
- M&A: Represented semiconductor equipment brokerage exchange in acquisition.
- Restart Funding: Represented major angel investor in recapitalization of software company.
- M&A: Represented second-largest 3D-based technology consortium in its acquisition by largest 3D technology consortium.
- Reseller Transaction: Represented Big Data software company in reseller customer transaction.
- Formation: Represented startup maker of proprietary nutritional supplements in its formation, and the sale and issuance of shares to founder-investors.
- Represented a Fortune-100 company as the tenant in one of Silicon Valley’s largest lease transactions in 2012, covering more than 580,000 square feet of office and R&D space.
- Represented purchaser in portfolio purchase of seven apartment buildings in San Francisco and in negotiation of financing for purchase.
- Represented developer in joint venture to acquire and develop property as a mixed-use residential and commercial project in Santa Barbara, including negotiation of agreements with the construction manager, architect, and various consultants, obtaining bridge loan financing, construction financing, and leasing of commercial space.
- Represented various sellers in sale of office, R&D and industrial buildings in Mountain View, California, to a Fortune 100 company.
- Represented tenant in an office lease of approximately 130,000 square feet of space in a building under construction in Santa Clara, California.
- Represented landlord in lease of 116,000 foot office and industrial building in San Jose.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of winery, and vineyards in Napa County.
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of 60,000 square foot industrial building in South San Francisco and subsequent lease of building to a tenant.
- Represented various investors in acquiring and leasing investment properties in San Francisco’s SOMA district.
- Represented numerous start-ups in office and R&D lease transactions in Silicon Valley, San Francisco and other San Francisco Bay Area submarkets.
- Represented various homebuilders in the acquisition, development, financing and sale of properties throughout California.
We work in close partnership with our clients to identify and implement the most appropriate legal strategy to obtain the best business-oriented solution. Sometimes this requires vigorously litigating the case. Other times, mediation or litigation avoidance strategies make the most sense. Regardless, because we are accomplished business litigators with extensive big law firm experience, we know what is the right thing to do and the right time to do it. Far too much work is done because attorneys lack the confidence and experience to advise that not every possible deposition should be taken and that not every possible argument should be made. Unlike too many litigators, we know that you don’t reach legal and business success by boiling the ocean to get a cup of tea.
We litigate on behalf of large, multinational companies as well as emerging companies, entrepreneurs, investors and business owners in a variety of disputes of all types and sizes. When possible, cases are staffed with just one or two attorneys. However, when necessary, we access our ongoing consulting relationships with a number of outstanding attorneys with big law firm experience and training to assist us as needed — all at significant cost savings to the client.
The following is just a small sample of how we have applied this experience to our
- Dozens of jury trials, court trials, and binding arbitrations.
- Commercial and business litigation of all types and sizes.
- Intellectual property, trade secret, and proprietary rights litigation protecting clients’ core and most important assets.
- Breach of contract and UCC disputes: commercial and business agreements of all types, including purchase orders, distribution and licensing agreements, manufacturing agreements, collaboration agreements and partnership agreements.
- Internet litigation in the areas of online reviews, social networking and online gaming, application hosting and implementation disputes and domain name disputes.
- Real estate and lease disputes including purchase and sale agreements.
- Collection actions